Response.Buffer vs. Response.BufferOutput

Guest

Could someone please explain the practical differences between
Response.Buffer and Response.BufferOutput?

TIA,

Karl Seguin

There is none.

Response.Buffer relies on Response.BufferOutput

public bool Buffer
{
get
{
return this.BufferOutput;
}
set
{
this.BufferOutput = value;

Karl

Guest

Thanks Karl. Then why have two?
--
Joe

VB.NET/C#/ASP.NET/ASP/VB/C++/Web and DB development/VBA Automation

Karl Seguin said:
There is none.

Response.Buffer relies on Response.BufferOutput

public bool Buffer
{
get
{
return this.BufferOutput;
}
set
{
this.BufferOutput = value;

Karl

Patrice

The first thing that comes to my mind would be legacy support for ASP
(Buffer) and one made "clearer" (BufferOutput else it could be thought as
being the underlying buffer).
--
Patrice

Joe said:
Thanks Karl. Then why have two?

Vadivel Kumar

Actually, the Response.Buffer is for backward compatibility for previous versions of .NET, otherwise both are doing the same job.

But, you can use Response.BufferOutput.