    would be appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Steve

    Steve Kushubar, Sep 18, 2003

  2. Steve Kushubar

    Ray at Guest

    Are you sure it isn't a typo issue?
    ..CodePage is a property (Long) of both the response and session object.

    Ray at work

    "Steve Kushubar" <> wrote in message
    > I originally posted this in the internet.iis group and it was suggested

    that
    > I repost it here.
    >
    > I am trying to use the Response.CodePage method on a Windows 2000 IIS
    > Server. The MSDN clearly states that this property is available under
    > Windows 2K and IIS5.0. But the call throws an"Object doesn't support this
    > property" error. Is this a version problem, SP problem or what? Any

    ideas

    Ray at, Sep 18, 2003

  3. Definitely not a typo. I've re-typed it from scratch several times. I also
    changed the Response to Session which works fine. Here is the error:

    Object doesn't support this property or method: 'Response.CodePage'

    I rechecked the MSDN documentation and it specifically states this property
    exists under Win2K and IIS 5.0

    Steve

    Steve Kushubar, Sep 18, 2003
  4. Steve Kushubar

    Ray at Guest

    Oops. It appears that .CodePage is part of the response object in IIS5.1
    and up.

    Ray at, Sep 18, 2003
  5. "Ray at <%=sLocation%>" <myfirstname at lane34 dot com> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Oops. It appears that .CodePage is part of the response object in IIS5.1
    > and up.
    >
    > Ray at work

    Ray,
    do you know of any fix or workaround for the problem, besides using
    ASP Stream, recoding function or custom component? I need to provide
    data in different encodings from the sessionless page and now thinking
    how to achieve this easier. At present I'm using Session.Codepage, but
    I'm being asked (by Microsoft funnily who is one of our clients) to
    avoid setting any cookies.

    Thanks in advance

    Egor Shokurov
    Netreflector.com