Response.ContentType = "video/x-ms-asf"

Slim

I had a asp file that generated asx files using
Response.ContentType = "video/x-ms-asf"

It was working fine up until a day or so ago. Now all of a sudden it does
not work.

If I take out the Response.ContentType line and copy the source code to a
asx file it works fine. if I copy the URLs out of the code and put them into
the browser it plays. So it is generating the file correctly, it is opening
Windows media player, but it then errors saying it cant fine the file. Yet
copying the URL from the generated asx works fine.

I am puzzled

Slim

Ray Costanzo said:

Don't waste my time, if you don't know move on.

Many people are not here for scoring points or playing childish games, I am
in need of help. I have no time for your petty whinges
Microsoft created this group to help people like me, no to give a life to
people like you

Please stay in your place

Adrienne

Don't waste my time, if you don't know move on.

By multiposting, you are wasting everyone else's time.
Many people are not here for scoring points or playing childish games,

And Usenet is not a 24/7 help desk.
I am in need of help. I have no time for your petty whinges

See above.
Microsoft created this group to help people like me, no to give a life
to people like you

No, Microsoft has a website for developers that might be able to help
people like you. Usenet is for discussion. If you happen to find an
answer to your problem in the discussion, then good for you.
Please stay in your place

Plonk! Stay in yours.

Evertjan.

Slim wrote on 22 jun 2005 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
Don't waste my time, if you don't know move on.

Many people are not here for scoring points or playing childish games,
I am in need of help. I have no time for your petty whinges
Microsoft created this group to help people like me, no to give a life
to people like you

Please stay in your place

Microsoft put this group on usenet.

So the Netiquette of usenet is in force.

So Ray is right: "Please don't multi-post."

<http://www.aspfaq.com/5003> will help you to understand the "why".

If you "have no time" you should appriciate a request for not wasting the
time of others caused by multiposting.