    Windows media player, but it then errors saying it cant fine the file. Yet
    copying the URL from the generated asx works fine.

    I am puzzled
    Slim, Jun 21, 2005

  2. http://www.aspfaq.com/5003

    Ray at work

    "Slim" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I had a asp file that generated asx files using
    > Response.ContentType = "video/x-ms-asf"
    >
    > It was working fine up until a day or so ago. Now all of a sudden it does
    > not work.
    >
    > If I take out the Response.ContentType line and copy the source code to a
    > asx file it works fine. if I copy the URLs out of the code and put them

    into
    > the browser it plays. So it is generating the file correctly, it is

    opening

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Jun 21, 2005

  3. Slim

    Slim Guest

    message news:...
    > http://www.aspfaq.com/5003
    >
    > Ray at work

    Don't waste my time, if you don't know move on.

    Many people are not here for scoring points or playing childish games, I am
    in need of help. I have no time for your petty whinges
    Microsoft created this group to help people like me, no to give a life to
    people like you

    Please stay in your place

    Slim, Jun 22, 2005
  4. Slim

    Adrienne Guest

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Slim" <> writing in

    > message news:...
    >> http://www.aspfaq.com/5003
    >>
    >> Ray at work

    > Don't waste my time, if you don't know move on.

    By multiposting, you are wasting everyone else's time.

    > Many people are not here for scoring points or playing childish games,

    And Usenet is not a 24/7 help desk.

    > I am in need of help. I have no time for your petty whinges

    See above.

    > Microsoft created this group to help people like me, no to give a life
    > to people like you

    No, Microsoft has a website for developers that might be able to help
    people like you. Usenet is for discussion. If you happen to find an
    answer to your problem in the discussion, then good for you.

    > Please stay in your place

    Plonk! Stay in yours.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info
    Adrienne, Jun 22, 2005
  5. Slim

    Evertjan. Guest

    Slim wrote on 22 jun 2005 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
    > "Ray Costanzo [MVP]" <my first name at lane 34 dot commercial> wrote
    >> http://www.aspfaq.com/5003
    >>
    >> Ray at work

    > Don't waste my time, if you don't know move on.
    >
    > Many people are not here for scoring points or playing childish games,
    > I am in need of help. I have no time for your petty whinges
    > Microsoft created this group to help people like me, no to give a life
    > to people like you
    >
    > Please stay in your place

    Microsoft put this group on usenet.

    So the Netiquette of usenet is in force.

    So Ray is right: "Please don't multi-post."

    <http://www.aspfaq.com/5003> will help you to understand the "why".

    If you "have no time" you should appriciate a request for not wasting the
    time of others caused by multiposting.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.