response.cookie in session_onstart event and IE 6.0 cookie acceptance

wannaknow

When I set a cookie in global.asa in the sub session_onstart, even if
I have "privacy" in IE 6.X set to "block all cookies" the cookie is
still set, and I can get it on other pages.

I can't find an article that addresses this as a specific issue. Why
does the browser get the cookie when it is set in the session_onstart
event even when I have "block all cookies" set?