Response.Cookies(x).Domain ???

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Glen, Sep 18, 2003.

  1. Glen

    Glen Guest

    Hi,

    I am looking for a way to delete (expire) all the cookies that we've
    ever written to the user's machine. I have found several scripts,
    however I have come across one "gotcha."

    The scripts I have found all look something like this:

    response.buffer = "true"
    dim x
    for each x in Request.Cookies
    Response.Cookies(x) = "must be something"
    Response.Cookies(x).Expires = "January 1, 1999"
    next

    One cookie gets set like this:

    Response.Cookies(x).Domain = ".henryschein.com"

    so that we can retrieve it from 'www.henryschein.com' and
    'info.henryschein.com'

    The problem is that the script above does not delete it.

    Anyone have any idea why this is?? Anyone have a script that properly
    deletes ALL the cookies that you've ever written to the user's
    machine??

    Thanks!!

    Glen
    Glen, Sep 18, 2003

  2. Glen

    MSFT Guest

    Hi Glen,

    If we use:

    Response.Cookies(x) = ""
    Response.Cookies(x).Expires = "January 1, 1999"
    Response.Cookies(x).Domain = ""

    Will this help?

    Luke
    MSFT, Sep 19, 2003