    I'm using ASP .NET 2.0 on a Win 2K3 box.

    Thanks,

    Paul

    Paul, Apr 9, 2007

  2. Paul

    Aidy Guest

    Is it a large page?

    Aidy, Apr 10, 2007

  3. Paul

    Paul Guest

    It's only a 50 KB page, and I've just noticed something really unusual
    happening - the page occasionally outputs page output from other
    peoples' sessions mixed in with my page output, making the HTML
    invalid and potentially exposing other peoples' personal information.
    This is really strange and I have no idea how it could be happening.

    Thanks,

    Paul

    Paul, Apr 10, 2007
  4. Paul

    Aidy Guest

    You could try turning off buffering. I've seen weird behaviour when
    buffering larger pages. Not sure about the session leaking though, does
    sound odd.

    Aidy, Apr 10, 2007
  5. Most likely it's not a response being cut-off.
    It's a bad HTML.
    Just make sure that you are closing all open quote or HTML tags.

    For example
    <input type="text value=adasd>assdfsd

    will looked like cut of cause of not closed quote. Open up page in "View
    source" to make sure that everything was sent to the browser and last tag is
    </HTML>

    George.

    George Ter-Saakov, Apr 10, 2007
  6. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Hi George,

    It's definitely more than that - the HTML is fine.

    As well as the response occasionally cutting off, the page
    occasionally outputs output from different requests. I was testing
    just before and the page rendered a mixture of output from 3 different
    requests. I checked the IIS logs and all 3 requests happened at the
    same second. I have no idea why this is happening.

    Thanks,

    Paul

    Paul, Apr 10, 2007
  7. Do any of those requests reference application variables ?

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ===================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Apr 10, 2007
  8. Paul

    Paul Guest

    They use the Cache object, but nothing else other than session data.

    It's weird, when I view the HTML source, it has excerpts from the
    other requests, including 3 closing HTML tags.

    It's not like the requests are sharing the same application variables,
    but rather somehow the output stream is getting muddled up with the
    concurrent requests.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks,

    Paul

    Paul, Apr 10, 2007
  9. I really doubt that IIS is at fault here.
    That kind of bug would not go unnoticed.

    You should look if you caching output of user/server controls I can see how
    it gets mixed up if you were not careful specifying caching dependencies.
    If you use caching try to disable it and check if it's still going to be
    problem.

    Also you need to check on how carefully you using static variables in your
    application. they must be used in thread neutral way.

    George.

    George Ter-Saakov, Apr 10, 2007