Response.Filter, Compression and POST

Martin Reich

I am using a Response Filter to dynamically compress (gzip) my pages on an
IIS 5.0 system. The system has been working fine for more than a year on a
site in which every page is accessed via GET. However, when I now try to
use a POST to access a page, no output is created from the page. By
stepping through some of the code, I can see that the write method of the
custom filter is not being executed. I have also loaded the code up onto an
IIS 6.0 system and the behavior is the same.

If I do not attach the filter at the start of a session, everything works
fine. Has anyone had a similar problem? From some posts I have read, there
seems to be an issue with IIS 6.0 compression and server.transfer (this also
does not work with my filter either).

Thanks

Martin Reich