Response.Flush / Response.Redirect

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Richard N., Oct 18, 2003.

  1. Richard N.

    Richard N. Guest

    Hi,

    I've had a good google and can't find anything already on this so :

    I'm currently trying to have a 'Page Loading' page on a site. The way things
    are supposed to work are :

    page a -->page b (Page Loading) --> page c

    I, cannot, for some reason get 'page b' to Response.Redirect to 'page c' one
    the process has taken place.

    I understand that I have already written the page headers etc. to the user
    and that Response.Redirect would not normally work once this has taken
    place. I've currently got around the problem by using a JavaScript onLoad
    function but I am a bit hesitant about this because of browser compatibility
    issues.

    Is there a failsafe ASP way of doing this ?

    Thanks

    Richard
    Richard N., Oct 18, 2003

  2. Richard N.

    Tom B Guest

    No, because what you are doing is a client-side activity.
    The Javascript is probably the "best" way of doing it.

    Tom B, Oct 19, 2003