Response.Flush / Response.Redirect

Richard N.

Hi,

I've had a good google and can't find anything already on this so :

I'm currently trying to have a 'Page Loading' page on a site. The way things
are supposed to work are :

page a -->page b (Page Loading) --> page c

I, cannot, for some reason get 'page b' to Response.Redirect to 'page c' one
the process has taken place.

I understand that I have already written the page headers etc. to the user
and that Response.Redirect would not normally work once this has taken
place. I've currently got around the problem by using a JavaScript onLoad
function but I am a bit hesitant about this because of browser compatibility
issues.

Is there a failsafe ASP way of doing this ?

Thanks

Richard

Tom B

No, because what you are doing is a client-side activity.
The Javascript is probably the "best" way of doing it.