Response from Prototype AJAX containing JS not working in IE

breal

I have an AJAX.Request object that I am using to call a page that
renders a bunch of tables containing numerous input fields. This
works fine in FireFox, but gets an error warning in IE7. I have
determined what causes the problem and it is because the response
contains Javascript in the input fields. In IE7 the javascript on
these fields returned from the AJAX.Request continue to work, but I
get other errors later when I submit the form.

So, I figure my errors later are related to the error from the initial
response. Does anyone know a way to fix this? If more information,
or a more detailed explanation is needed please ask.

Thanks.

breal

I have an AJAX.Request object that I am using to call a page that
renders a bunch of tables containing numerous input fields. This
works fine in FireFox, but gets an error warning in IE7. I have
determined what causes the problem and it is because the response
contains Javascript in the input fields. In IE7 the javascript on
these fields returned from the AJAX.Request continue to work, but I
get other errors later when I submit the form.

So, I figure my errors later are related to the error from the initial
response. Does anyone know a way to fix this? If more information,
or a more detailed explanation is needed please ask.

Thanks.

To clarify... I have read lots of posts about people trying to return
javascript inside of <script> tags. That is not what I am doing. I
simple have form fields that look like the following:
<input name="range_to_0" id="range_to_0" onchange="updateRanges(0);" /
If I take out the onchange it works... but leaving it in brings the
error. However, when I make a change to this field, the
updateRanges(0) function does get called.