Response.Redirect and Response.AddHeader problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by S.Kartikeyan, Mar 1, 2004.

  1. S.Kartikeyan

    S.Kartikeyan Guest

    I have a GetDotUlsStudentFile.aspx page which is accessed by another
    aspx page like this.
    Response.Redirect("GetDotUlsStudentFile.aspx?v=mms://myserver.mydomain/courses/xyz.wmv");
    In GetDotUlsStudentFile.aspx i do a
    Response.AddHeader(Content-Disposition to server a .ulsstudent
    fileopendialog box prompt when accessed.

    With some versions of internet Explorer i am getting xyz.ulsstudent
    file as expected.
    But with latest version of internet explorer that comes with win2k3 i
    am getting a xyz.wmv file open dialog box prompt.

    Can a GetRequest have fully qualified urls.
    Or
    do i need to use some url encoding ?
    If i have to do ,how to do it.
    I want the behaviour to be same accross all versions of IE.
    Other browsers doesn't have this problem

    s.Kartikeyan
    S.Kartikeyan, Mar 1, 2004