Response.Redirect does NOT cause a roundtrip to the client, why?

Peter Row

Hi,

BACKGROUND:
I have a VB.NET DLL that implements IHttpHandler.
I also have a guestlogin.aspx page which is call by FormsAuthentication.
For my app .ASP files are mapped to ASP.NET (for app legacy reasons).

The guestlogin.aspx after:
FormsAuthentication.SetAuthCookie(strUserID, false)

does a:
Response.Redirect(FormsAuthentication.RedirectUrl.....

For some reason the redirect is happening internally instead of doing a
round
trip to the client. Hence cookies that I set get lost which screws
everything up.

The web.config file has a <httphandler> which specifies verb="*",
path="*.asp".
However these files don't actually exist so its acting more like a ISAPI
filter in this
respect.

HOWEVER... it only goes wrong when I am running against the debug or release
compiled DLL if I run it in debug through the IDE it works fine.

Regards,
Peter Row