Response.Redirect does not work

Tmez

FYI

Problem: Response.redirect redirects to the same page and the page is
blank.

Solution: set the page's smartnavitation to false before redirecting.

There seems to be a connection between how response.redirect works and
smartnavigation.

Tmez
http://www.mezanmi.com

Peter Rilling

You are correct about the SmartNavigation. If you look in the blank page,
you will see a single tag that makes reference to SmartNavigation. What is
suppose to happen is some JavaScript parses the content and performs a
client-side redirect. When I have seen this issue happen it is because the
aspnet_client folder is missing from the root of the website. Make sure
that folder exists and that the SmartNavigation script is nested somewhere
under the folder.

Guest

Thanks, thanks, thanks I was creazy for two days traing to find out why this work fine in my local server and not in the hosting server.

Q. What is the right way to crate a new site for asp.net under IIS, is any script or wizard. I just copy that folder from the defult site but may be some permitions or registration I wonder if I have any other folder or setting missing.

Thanks once again