    I know response.redirect (http://www.site.com) will take me to the site.
    What do you add to this so it will redirect you to a new IE? Even better,
    redirect to a new tab in IE7?

    Phillip Vong, Jan 18, 2007

  2. Phillip Vong

    Phillip Vong Guest

    Never mind. I was just told it can not be done. I can only use the
    Hyperlink control and set the target. This sucks because none of the targes
    allow opening in a new IE7 tab.

    Phillip Vong, Jan 18, 2007

  3. Phillip Vong napisa³(a):
    > Never mind. I was just told it can not be done. I can only use the
    > Hyperlink control and set the target. This sucks because none of the targes
    > allow opening in a new IE7 tab.

    Isn't it just right way?
    In the name of what you want to decide how user will watxh your site?
    It's his decision and if he want it open in the same window, new window
    or in new tab - let it be.
    --
    PP

    Przemek Ptasznik, Jan 18, 2007
  4. Hi,

    Phillip Vong wrote:
    > Never mind. I was just told it can not be done. I can only use the
    > Hyperlink control and set the target. This sucks because none of the targes
    > allow opening in a new IE7 tab.

    Actualy, it doesn't suck, it's a user setting. Your user has the right
    to have preferences when it comes to many things, including where new
    pages should be open. My personal preference is to open new pages in a
    new tab, but others might have different taste.

    HTH,
    Laurent
    --
    Laurent Bugnion [MVP ASP.NET]