response.redirect to an HTTPS not working

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Larry, May 6, 2004.

  1. Larry

    Larry Guest

    I have a web from that based on the user's response needs to go to a web
    folder set up with SSL. My problem is that when the redirect is executed I
    get a "page can not be displayed" error on the browser.

    The destination page had been tested prior to switching on the SSL
    requirement for the subdirectory so I'm pretty sure the page(s) works. Any
    ideas what I've done wrong or what I need to try to get it working?

    The flow is from an HTML form, \DIY.htm which on submit calls
    \autoresponder\DIYdirector.aspx, this app page stores the from results into
    a database, sends out a couple of emails and then based on the
    "paymentMethod" data displays the respective page. The folder "secure" has
    SSL enabled on it.

    Here's the code that contains the redirect:

    Select Case Request.Form("paymentMethod")
    Case "Credit card"
    Session("Name") = Request.Form("Name")
    Session("Address") = Request.Form("Address")
    Session("City") = Request.Form("City")
    Session("State") = Request.Form("State")
    Session("Zip") = Request.Form("Zip")

    Response.Redirect(https://development.froghaven.com/HCS_IT/noiseshield/autor
    esponder/secure/ccPayments.aspx)
    Case "Pay By Phone"
    Response.Redirect("DIYpayByPhone.htm")
    Case "Mail Check"
    Response.Redirect("DIYpayByMail.htm")
    End Select

    Larry, May 6, 2004

  2. Larry

    Ken Schaefer Guest

    That indicates you may have a problem with your SSL setup. However, just to
    confirm, in your browser, down the bottom, do you see "Can not find server
    or DNS error" (or similar text)? If so, the browser can not contact the
    server using SSL.

    Please use the SSLDiag tool, available from here, to diagnose the situation.
    You can post the output to the group if you are unsure what it means.

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...d0-5a10-41bc-83d4-06c814265282&DisplayLang=en

    Cheers
    Ken

    :

    Ken Schaefer, May 7, 2004

  3. Larry

    [MSFT] Guest

    Hi Larry,

    In IE, click menu "Tools\options", in Advanced tab, have "Show friendly
    HTTP error messages" checked. This may help us to get more detail
    information about the error.

    Additionally, if you open the page directly in IE:

    https://development.froghaven.com/HCS_IT/noiseshield/autoresponder/secure/cc
    Payments.aspx

    Will it also fail with same error?

    Luke
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)

    [MSFT], May 7, 2004
  4. Larry

    Larry Guest

    Actually I've discovered my error. Seems I forgot to set the port for SSL
    ( silly me, MS usually sets defaults automaticmagically when using the
    wizards but this time nooooo.) and configure the router/firewall to allow
    access to that port.

    Now I get other problems, the most puzzling is when I access the page I get
    an error from the framework:

    "Failed to start monitoring file changes"

    I haven't a clue as to what's causing this one.

    Accessing the page directly does not work too well as the code is expecting
    some data to be set up by the previous pages ( I needed the data anyway from
    the previous page and it makes it a bit harder to hack through the secure
    page).

    -Larry

    Larry, May 8, 2004
  5. Larry

    Ken Schaefer Guest

    That indicates a permissions problem.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316721
    and
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317955

    Cheers
    Ken

    "Larry" <> wrote in message
[...]
    : "[MSFT]" <> wrote in message
    : news:...
    : > Hi Larry,
    : >
    : > In IE, click menu "Tools\options", in Advanced tab, have "Show friendly
    : > HTTP error messages" checked. This may help us to get more detail
    : > information about the error.
    : >
    : > Additionally, if you open the page directly in IE:
    : >
    : >
    :
    https://development.froghaven.com/HCS_IT/noiseshield/autoresponder/secure/cc
    : > Payments.aspx
    : >
    : > Will it also fail with same error?
    : >
    : > Luke
    : > Microsoft Online Support
    : >
    : > Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    : > (This posting is provided "AS IS", with no warranties, and confers no
    : > rights.)
    : >
    :
    :