response.redirect to an HTTPS not working

Larry

I have a web from that based on the user's response needs to go to a web
folder set up with SSL. My problem is that when the redirect is executed I
get a "page can not be displayed" error on the browser.

The destination page had been tested prior to switching on the SSL
requirement for the subdirectory so I'm pretty sure the page(s) works. Any
ideas what I've done wrong or what I need to try to get it working?

The flow is from an HTML form, \DIY.htm which on submit calls
\autoresponder\DIYdirector.aspx, this app page stores the from results into
a database, sends out a couple of emails and then based on the
"paymentMethod" data displays the respective page. The folder "secure" has
SSL enabled on it.

Here's the code that contains the redirect:

Select Case Request.Form("paymentMethod")
Case "Credit card"
Session("Name") = Request.Form("Name")
Session("Address") = Request.Form("Address")
Session("City") = Request.Form("City")
Session("State") = Request.Form("State")
Session("Zip") = Request.Form("Zip")

Response.Redirect(https://development.froghaven.com/HCS_IT/noiseshield/autor
esponder/secure/ccPayments.aspx)
Case "Pay By Phone"
Response.Redirect("DIYpayByPhone.htm")
Case "Mail Check"
Response.Redirect("DIYpayByMail.htm")
End Select

Ken Schaefer

That indicates you may have a problem with your SSL setup. However, just to
confirm, in your browser, down the bottom, do you see "Can not find server
or DNS error" (or similar text)? If so, the browser can not contact the
server using SSL.

Please use the SSLDiag tool, available from here, to diagnose the situation.
You can post the output to the group if you are unsure what it means.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...d0-5a10-41bc-83d4-06c814265282&DisplayLang=en

Cheers
Ken

:
[...]

[MSFT]

Hi Larry,

In IE, click menu "Tools\options", in Advanced tab, have "Show friendly
HTTP error messages" checked. This may help us to get more detail
information about the error.

Additionally, if you open the page directly in IE:

https://development.froghaven.com/HCS_IT/noiseshield/autoresponder/secure/cc
Payments.aspx

Will it also fail with same error?

Luke
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

Larry

Actually I've discovered my error. Seems I forgot to set the port for SSL
( silly me, MS usually sets defaults automaticmagically when using the
wizards but this time nooooo.) and configure the router/firewall to allow
access to that port.

Now I get other problems, the most puzzling is when I access the page I get
an error from the framework:

"Failed to start monitoring file changes"

I haven't a clue as to what's causing this one.

Accessing the page directly does not work too well as the code is expecting
some data to be set up by the previous pages ( I needed the data anyway from
the previous page and it makes it a bit harder to hack through the secure
page).

-Larry

Ken Schaefer

That indicates a permissions problem.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316721
and
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317955

Cheers
Ken

[...]
: >
: > In IE, click menu "Tools\options", in Advanced tab, have "Show friendly
: > HTTP error messages" checked. This may help us to get more detail
: > information about the error.
: >
: > Additionally, if you open the page directly in IE:
: >
: >
:
https://development.froghaven.com/HCS_IT/noiseshield/autoresponder/secure/cc
: > Payments.aspx
: >
: > Will it also fail with same error?
: >
: > Luke
: > Microsoft Online Support
: >
: > Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
: > (This posting is provided "AS IS", with no warranties, and confers no
: > rights.)
: >
:
: