Response.Redirect to network share failing

Mailing Lists

ASP.Net 1.1, Windows Server2003, latest SPs, Corporate Intranet Environment

We have a valid network share in the "file://machinename/share1/share2"
format. A user typing it into IE browses to the share just fine. However,
when we issue a Response.Redirect to the same share/url the redirect fails.
Using impersonation via the WebConfig file the same error occurs.

The error message is "cannot find server or DNS error."

Is there a way to do this? We must be missing something simple....

Thanks,

-Jason

Alvin Bruney [MVP - ASP.NET]

is this network share on the same domain?

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney - ASP.NET MVP

[Shameless Author Plug]