Response.Redirect & URL Variable

TomT

Hi..

I'm redirecting users to another page using:

response.redirect("newpage.asp")

this works... But I need to add a variable to the page specified..

IE: newpage.asp?id=JobID

EG:

JobID = 100

Doing a response.write JobID - Presents the correct result. - 100

However, If I use:

response.redirect("newpage.asp?id=JobID")

I get redirected to newpage.asp?id=JobID, not newpage.asp?id=100

How do I correct this ??

Thanks

Evertjan.

TomT wrote on 17 nov 2004 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
response.redirect("newpage.asp?id=JobID")

I get redirected to newpage.asp?id=JobID, not newpage.asp?id=100

ASP vbscript:

response.redirect "newpage.asp?id=" & JobID

ASP jscript:

response.redirect( "newpage.asp?id=" + JobID );

Bob Barrows [MVP]

I can't reproduce this problem. Tell me if the following two pages work as
intended for you:

Redirect2Variable.asp:
<%
dim url
url="RedirectTarget.asp?a=5"
Response.Redirect url
%>

RedirectTarget.asp:
<%
for each key in Request.QueryString
Response.Write key & ": " & Request.QueryString(key)
next
%>

Here is the output I see when I load Redirect2Variable.asp:
a: 5

Tell me what I need to change to make my page reproduce your symptoms.

Bob Barrows

Evertjan.

elmo wrote on 23 feb 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
I've got the same problem...

de page must rdirect to Costumersview.asp?key=1
when i do a response.redirect to Costumersview.asp?key=1 the redirect
doen't have any problems but when i do it from a variable
then the script won't redirect to Costumersview.asp?key=1
i use the following code to de a redirect

response.redirect terug

When i do a response.write (terug) i'v got the following text
Costumersview.asp?key=1

is there someone who is familliar with this problem

[please do not toppost on usenet]

Interesting, Eljo, you are responding on my posting of Nov 17 2004!!!

Reading the posting in the proper sequence, I cannot follow what our
problem is. My explanation covers something that you do not show in your
sparse bit of code.

If you are useing ASP-vbscript, there is no reason to use () here.

Let us start debugging:
Supposing Costumersview.asp being in the same directory as test.asp,
make a test.asp file/page with only(!!):

<%
terug = "Costumersview.asp?key=1"
response.redirect terug
%>

.... and tell us where you get.

Je kan ook in het Nederlands antwoorden,
maar wel graag het antwoord onder de aangehaalde tekst.