Response.Redirect & URL Variable

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by TomT, Nov 17, 2004.

  1. TomT

    TomT Guest

    Hi..

    I'm redirecting users to another page using:

    response.redirect("newpage.asp")

    this works... But I need to add a variable to the page specified..

    IE: newpage.asp?id=JobID

    EG:

    JobID = 100

    Doing a response.write JobID - Presents the correct result. - 100

    However, If I use:

    response.redirect("newpage.asp?id=JobID")

    I get redirected to newpage.asp?id=JobID, not newpage.asp?id=100

    How do I correct this ??

    Thanks

    TomT, Nov 17, 2004

  2. TomT

    Evertjan. Guest

    TomT wrote on 17 nov 2004 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > response.redirect("newpage.asp?id=JobID")
    >
    > I get redirected to newpage.asp?id=JobID, not newpage.asp?id=100

    ASP vbscript:

    response.redirect "newpage.asp?id=" & JobID

    ASP jscript:

    response.redirect( "newpage.asp?id=" + JobID );

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Nov 17, 2004

  3. I can't reproduce this problem. Tell me if the following two pages work as
    intended for you:

    Redirect2Variable.asp:
    <%
    dim url
    url="RedirectTarget.asp?a=5"
    Response.Redirect url
    %>

    RedirectTarget.asp:
    <%
    for each key in Request.QueryString
    Response.Write key & ": " & Request.QueryString(key)
    next
    %>

    Here is the output I see when I load Redirect2Variable.asp:
    a: 5

    Tell me what I need to change to make my page reproduce your symptoms.

    Bob Barrows

    elmo wrote:
    > I've got the same problem...
    >
    > de page must rdirect to Costumersview.asp?key=1
    > when i do a response.redirect to Costumersview.asp?key=1 the redirect
    > doen't have any problems but when i do it from a variable
    > then the script won't redirect to Costumersview.asp?key=1
    > i use the following code to de a redirect
    >
    > response.redirect terug
    >
    > When i do a response.write (terug) i'v got the following text
    > Costumersview.asp?key=1
    >
    > is there someone who is familliar with this problem
    >
    > Eltjo Schol
    > Netherlands
    >
    > Evertjan. wrote:
    >> *TomT wrote on 17 nov 2004 in
    >>
    >>> response.redirect("newpage.asp?id=JobID")
    >>>
    >>> I get redirected to newpage.asp?id=JobID, not newpage.asp?id=100
    >>>

    >> ASP vbscript:
    >>
    >> response.redirect "newpage.asp?id=" & JobID
    >>
    >> ASP jscript:
    >>
    >> response.redirect( "newpage.asp?id=" + JobID );
    >>
    >> --
    >> Evertjan.
    >> The Netherlands.
    >> (Please change the x'es to dots in my emailaddress,
    >> but let us keep the discussions in the newsgroup) *

    > --
    > elmo

    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Feb 23, 2006
  4. TomT

    Evertjan. Guest

    elmo wrote on 23 feb 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
    > Evertjan. wrote:
    >> *TomT wrote on 17 nov 2004 in
    >> > response.redirect("newpage.asp?id=JobID")
    >> > I get redirected to newpage.asp?id=JobID, not newpage.asp?id=100

    >> ASP vbscript:
    >>
    >> response.redirect "newpage.asp?id=" & JobID
    >>
    >> ASP jscript:
    >>
    >> response.redirect( "newpage.asp?id=" + JobID );

    > I've got the same problem...
    >
    > de page must rdirect to Costumersview.asp?key=1
    > when i do a response.redirect to Costumersview.asp?key=1 the redirect
    > doen't have any problems but when i do it from a variable
    > then the script won't redirect to Costumersview.asp?key=1
    > i use the following code to de a redirect
    >
    > response.redirect terug
    >
    > When i do a response.write (terug) i'v got the following text
    > Costumersview.asp?key=1
    >
    > is there someone who is familliar with this problem

    [please do not toppost on usenet]

    Interesting, Eljo, you are responding on my posting of Nov 17 2004!!!

    Reading the posting in the proper sequence, I cannot follow what our
    problem is. My explanation covers something that you do not show in your
    sparse bit of code.

    If you are useing ASP-vbscript, there is no reason to use () here.

    Let us start debugging:
    Supposing Costumersview.asp being in the same directory as test.asp,
    make a test.asp file/page with only(!!):

    <%
    terug = "Costumersview.asp?key=1"
    response.redirect terug
    %>

    .... and tell us where you get.

    Je kan ook in het Nederlands antwoorden,
    maar wel graag het antwoord onder de aangehaalde tekst.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Feb 23, 2006