Response.TransmitFile and Action Canceled page

Guest

I'm developing an interface that sends a file to the client. it works but
the client also gets an "Action canceled" page (IE) how can I remove this
page? or display the application home page?

thank you!

the conde is in the Page_Load sub:

Response.Clear()
Response.AddHeader("Content-Length",
DownloadFile.Length.ToString())
Response.AppendHeader("Content-Disposition", "attachment;
filename=" & FileName)
Response.TransmitFile(DownloadFile.FullName)

Response.Flush()
Response.Close()

Bruce Barker

either the user hit stop, which you can do nothing about, or you page timed
out becuase the download took too long. up the scripttimeout for the page.

note: asp.net will max out at about 50 concurrent downloads, so you do not
want then to take too long.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Guest

Bruce,

All users were getting the same behavior even with small files…

Now, I commented out this code:
‘ Response.Flush()
‘ Response.Close()
Then, build and publish the site
Then, tested and: Sometimes the page was getting closed and sometimes not.
Also, every other time, the file was displayed between the html of the home
page!

Then, I removed the comments
Response.Flush()
Response.Close()

Then, build and publish the site again

Now everything works fine! The page gets closed automatically

Is there a bug in IIS or .NET 2005?

Thanks for your help