Response.write="And I say, "How are you?"."

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?bnNq?=, Apr 16, 2005.

  1. How shall i use quotation marks within another in asp.net?
    =?Utf-8?B?bnNq?=, Apr 16, 2005

  2. You have to escape them. You can use \" if I remember correctly as the
    escape character for a doublequote.

    Hope this helps,
    Mark Fitzpatrick
    Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

    Mark Fitzpatrick, Apr 16, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?bnNq?=

    J Guest

    That's only good for C# or Java, the escape characters that you mention
    Mark, for VB.NET just double up the double quotes inside the outer ones,

    Response.Write("So I said, ""How are you?""")

    J.

    J, Apr 16, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?bnNq?=

    Terry Olsen Guest

    response.write("nsj says, ""How are you?""")

    Terry Olsen, Apr 16, 2005
  5. VB.NET
    "And I say, ""How are you?""."

    C#
    "And I say, \"How are you?\"."

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think outside the box!
    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Apr 17, 2005