Response.write="And I say, "How are you?"."

Mark Fitzpatrick

You have to escape them. You can use \" if I remember correctly as the
escape character for a doublequote.

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

That's only good for C# or Java, the escape characters that you mention
Mark, for VB.NET just double up the double quotes inside the outer ones,

Response.Write("So I said, ""How are you?""")

J.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

VB.NET
"And I say, ""How are you?""."