    My question is, if I use the Response.Write on the start of the processing,
    it will imediatly show up to the client, or it will only shown up when the
    page is fully rendered and sent to the client browser?

    Rafael Veronezi, Oct 14, 2003

  2. Rafael Veronezi

    Marina Guest

    In ASP, everything was a script - so it all just executed in the middle of
    other HTML, and got sent to the client.

    In ASP.NET you have objects. In Page_Load, all your textboxes and buttons -
    they are just server side objects. They are not HTML yet. At this point, no
    HTML is generated yet, nothing sent to the server. Same goes for your
    Response.Write statements - nothing is being streamed down.

    So the answer is, no it will not be streamed down before your heavy
    processing begins - it will all show up at once.

    When the
    "Rafael Veronezi" <> wrote in message
    > I have a simple doubt about the Response.Write method...
    > Follows... I have a page that do some processing before show up, it could
    > take something like 10 or 15 seconds... But it's not the network reply

    time,
    > but the page processing time...
    > So, as everybody knows, Response.Write outputs to the page, and, if you

    use
    > that in your page load for example, it will show up on the top of the

    page,

    Marina, Oct 14, 2003