Response.writefile ....(file located on another server)

Guest

Hi,

I want to write a file to browser which is located on another machine but
connected on same network. For example if I try

\\machine-1\filefolder\file1.pdf

in the browser on machine-0 (hosting IIS), the file is downloaded. But when
I try through the code to check if
File.exists('\\machine-1\filefolder\file1.pdf') it does not find the file.

Am I missing something?

Thnx

Patrice

This is likely a permission issue. See under hwihc acocunt runs your app and
if this account is allowed to accessboth the sahere and those files...

Patrice

Guest

Thnx for ur response.

I did check the permissions on the folder and 'everyone' has read access to
the folder 'filefolder'....