Chris

We are having a serious problem with sporadic failures of requests to
get a response back from a web application after severals minutes even
when there is little or no processing to be done and with a server
timeout of 2 minutes. However, if you hit the refresh button it usually
comes back straight away.

This is obviously a big problem if you have submitted a form and is
very difficult for our users who don't know to try again and just sit
waiting. Upon checking server logs, IIS 5 has usually logged the
request in its log with a 200 to say it has processed it. If you hit
stop in Internet Explorer after waiting several minutes and then view
the source it nearly always shows the first 4k of text getting back but
the rest never makes it.

Has anyone please got any ideas of how to tackle this problem?