    (list boxes, grid, editor) can be captured independently. As if they
    have one main window, and they paint their own interface without
    resorting to Windows window ?
    Guy, Aug 13, 2008

  2. On Aug 13, 11:34 pm, Guy <> wrote:
    > ...How did they do it ?

    They probably failed to block the EDT (I have not
    used either).

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    http://pscode.org/
    Andrew Thompson, Aug 13, 2008

  3. Guy

    Guy Guest

    > By coding one's program incorrectly, one can make it ugly.  By coding it
    > correctly, one can make it pretty.  Why in the world would Swing be different?

    I thought I've read that Swing was monstuous, difficult to understand,
    and dépassé ?
    Guy, Aug 13, 2008
  4. On Aug 13, 11:58 pm, Guy <> wrote:
    > > By coding one's program incorrectly, one can make it ugly.  By coding it
    > > correctly, one can make it pretty.  Why in the world would Swing be different?

    > I thought I've read ..

    Why not get back to us when you can be sure of an URL
    (or ISBN)?

    >..that Swing was monstuous, difficult to understand,
    > and dépassé ?

    Many things are written, but only some of the
    things that are written, are correct.

    ...Or should we start quoting Leviticus?

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    http://pscode.org/
    Andrew Thompson, Aug 13, 2008
  5. Guy

    Guy Guest

    Guy, Aug 13, 2008
  6. Guy

    Lew Guest

    and Guy wrote:
    > I thought I've read that Swing was monstuous, difficult to understand,
    > and dépassé [sic] ? [sic]

    Slanderous lies.

    --
    Lew
    Lew, Aug 13, 2008
  7. Guy

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    Guy wrote:
    > I have dealt recently with two java application on windows:
    > - InstallShield 11.5
    > - Aqua Data Studio 4.7.2
    >
    > The interface of the InstalShield 11.5 is slow, ugly and not
    > responsive. But the Aqua Studio is much better. I did'nt thought it
    > was possible with the AWT or Swing library. How did they do it ?

    If the PC is sufficient powerful, then the user experience
    depends on the programmer writing the GUI and how much
    time he/she has to do the job.

    Arne
    Arne Vajhøj, Aug 14, 2008