*** REST, large POST, and "Server Error" (for gurus only)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Amil Hanish, Jul 30, 2009.

  1. Amil Hanish

    Amil Hanish Guest

    I am using REST to POST a large set of XML content. I get an exception when
    I send XML that is like 10M in size.

    "The server encountered an error processing the request. See server logs for
    more details"

    If I try to debug the service, my RESTful method is never called. I've
    increased all the General and ReaderQuotas on the bind, as well as increased
    the <httpRuntime maxRequestLength="20480"/>. Even if I turn on WCF
    diagnostics, nothing in the diagnotic log.

    Any ideas how either 1) how to figure out what the REAL error is, or 2) how
    to send very large XML sets via REST POST?

    I did have to modify the CLIENT DataContractSerializer behavior to that it
    could create larger graphs (MaxItemsInObjectGraph); maybe that affects the
    host as well on the deserialization.

    HELP??

    Amil

    Amil Hanish, Jul 30, 2009