Restart Debugger pl file Warning message: Macro _SC_OPEN_MAX

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Barge Bill, Oct 6, 2005.

  1. Barge Bill

    Barge Bill Guest

    Windows If I try to restart my program in debug "-d", I get the
    following message:

    Warning: some settings and command-line options may be lost!
    Your vendor has not defined POSIX macro _SC_OPEN_MAX, used at
    C:/Perl/lib/perl5d
    b.pl line 3296
    at C:/Perl/lib/POSIX.pm line 47
    POSIX::AUTOLOAD() called at C:/Perl/lib/perl5db.pl line
    DB::DB called at C:\Documents and Settings\billc\My
    Documents\WCC\P_STUFF\ExamplesTk\test1.txt line 5

    I am using Windows XP "perl5db.pl version 1.28".

    How can I deal with the missing macro value?

    Thanks in advance, Bill

    Barge Bill, Oct 6, 2005

    Barge Bill
    <>], who wrote in article <>:
    > Windows If I try to restart my program in debug "-d", I get the
    > following message:
    >
    > Warning: some settings and command-line options may be lost!
    > Your vendor has not defined POSIX macro _SC_OPEN_MAX, used at
    > C:/Perl/lib/perl5d
    > b.pl line 3296
    > at C:/Perl/lib/POSIX.pm line 47
    > POSIX::AUTOLOAD() called at C:/Perl/lib/perl5db.pl line
    > DB::DB called at C:\Documents and Settings\billc\My
    > Documents\WCC\P_STUFF\ExamplesTk\test1.txt line 5
    >
    > I am using Windows XP "perl5db.pl version 1.28".
    >
    > How can I deal with the missing macro value?

    Posting a minimal code to reproduce the problem will help. Keep in
    mind, though, that modules loaded with -M switch and current directory
    at startup are not (currently) preserved by perl5db.

    Hope this helps,
    Ilya

    Ilya Zakharevich, Oct 6, 2005

  3. Barge Bill

    Barge Bill Guest

    If I execute the "hello world" perl example in debug mode, and attempt
    to "R" restart, I get the trace back. Somehow, I need to initialize
    the

    POSIX macro _SC_OPEN_MAX,

    The result is I cannot restart my debug session. It's annoying that I
    don't know how to initialize the macro.

    Any help?

    Bill

    Barge Bill, Oct 31, 2005