Restarting ASP.NET Web Application

Jordan R.

In order to restart and ASP.NET Web application - the only way I'm aware of
is to save a change to the app's Web.config file. By "restart" I'm meaning
to get the Application_Start event to fire.

Two questions:
1. What are other ways (other than rebooting the Web server) to get the app
to restart?
2. Why is it the case that stopping and starting the Web site in IIS Manager
doesn't restart the ASP.NET Web application (i.e., noes not have same effect
as saving a change to Web.config)?

Thanks!

Juan T. Llibre

re:
1. What are other ways (other than rebooting the Web server) to get the app to restart?

1. Touch global.asax ( open it and save it, just like web.config )
2. From the "Start" menu, "Run " : iisreset