    authentication without restarting it?

    Thanks,

    Thomas

    Thomas Smith, Apr 18, 2005

  2. Thomas Smith

    Mathew Uthup Guest

    Well one work around to this problem is to create a Local ASP_User Group and
    give this Group all the necessary ACL permission for Running ASP see the
    Following article
    "http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconaspnetrequiredaccesscontrollistsacls.asp"
    and add users to this group. Once this Group exists adding new users to this
    group somehow does not require Reboot of IIS. Hence I suggest planning ahead
    by creating a Local user group with proper ACL Permissions for running
    ASP.net if you want to avoid Rebooting IIS in production environment if you
    plan to use Windows authentication. By the way in our case users in the Admin
    Group had the proper ACL Permission for running ASP.net hence adding users
    who belonged to this group always worked and did not require a Reboot of IIS

    Mathew Uthup, Jun 22, 2005