Restore added data in Data Grid in a Page When the page is reloaded

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by krian, Nov 12, 2003.

  1. krian

    krian Guest

    Hi,
    I need a help from anybody. My problem is here
    I wrote two WebApplication in ASP.net Using C#. The name of the
    applications are (Journal.aspx and Payment.aspx). These Two pages have
    DataGrids in each page and links to the other page(Journal.aspx
    contain Payment.aspx link and Payment.aspx contain Journal.aspx link)
    Suppose we added (updated) data in the DataGrid which is in
    "Journal.aspx" page and clicked the link which in the page. Then it
    loads the Payment.aspx page , suppose if we click on the
    "Journal.aspx" the data, which was added(updated) in firsttime, should
    be restored when the "journal.aspx" page is loaded.

    What ever changes we made to DataGrid in the Journal.aspx , the
    changes should be presented when the page is again relaoded..
    How It can be done.......?
    by
    kiran

    krian, Nov 12, 2003

  2. Hi kiran,

    Change the links pointing to the other page to buttons which submit the
    form back to itself. In the button click event, do whatever you need to do
    to store the data (in a database, in session). Then call Response.Redirect
    to go to the other page.

    When you click a link, it tells the browser to view something else. The
    browser does this without regard to the content of the current page. So,
    the current page is essentially lost. If you later click a link coming back
    to this page, you will get a new instance of the page.

    By changing the links to post back buttons, we allow your page to return
    its data to the server where it can be stored for later use.

    Thank you, Mike
    Microsoft, ASP.NET Support Professional

    > From: (krian)
    > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet