    What's the best way to achieve?
    Thanks a lot in advance!
    Thomas
    Tommy100, Feb 9, 2006

  2. Tommy100

    Josh Twist Guest

    Assuming that Sharepoint web-parts are 'server' based (i.e. the request
    to the web service comes from the Web Server running Sharepoint not the
    client's browser) then you have a couple of options:

    1. Use IIS - either restrict the IPs that can access your web service's
    application or use Windows Authentication and only allow the user that
    sharepoint runs under (assuming that isn't running under the end-user,
    obviously).
    2. Use WSE
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/webservices/webservices/building/wse/default.aspx
    (or your own Soap Headers) to require a username/password. You'll have
    to include this in the requests from the web parts somehow.

    Hope that helps - let me know if I'm way off target here.

    Josh
    http://www.thejoyofcode.com/
    Josh Twist, Feb 9, 2006