Restrict Multiple Logins

Sudheer

Hi All,

We need to restrict multiple users login to the system. If one user is
online with one userID, we need to show the message "This user already logs
in to the system" to the other user who tries to login with the same userID.
We are using C#.

Please help us how we can do this.

Thanks,
Sudheer.

Juan T. Llibre

Add the login userID's to a "loggedin" database table,
and check whether the current userID used to login
exists in the table.

For that to work, however, you need to insure that users
are recorded as logged out when they exit the application.

You can do that by checking if their sessions have expired,
and deleting the userID record from the table.

Linking the SessionID to the userID should be enough.

Juan T. Llibre
ASP.NET MVP

Do Quyet Tien

sometime your users are locked out because their last session still not
expired, often in 15 minutes. Except they was clicked Logout link before.