Restricting access to certain pages

Guest

I am trying to create an admin area for a web site using the authentication
tags in the web.config file the problem is I do NOT want to restrict access
to the entire site. How do can I require authentication for some pages and
not others?

Thanks, Justin.

Chris Austin

If you admin is in a sub folder of your web-site then you can use
configuration file inheritance to solve this problem, check out the
following link:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...pguide/html/cpconconfigurationinheritance.asp
Or, if you didn't want to have multiple web.config files in your application
then you can define security settings within a <location> element in your
root web.config file. See the following link:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...e/html/cpconconfigurationlocationsettings.asp

HTH
-Chris
~