Restricting Http for POSTS and SOAP

Craig Neuwirt

I was wondering if there is a way in ASP.NET to selectively reject HTTP
requests for certain urls and Web Services. I would like to leave port 80
open for other stuff (wsdl, static content, ..), but reject HTTP requests
that contain sensitive data. Would an HttpModule be the right solution? If
so, how could you determine if it is an actual SOAP invocation as opposed to
retrieving the WSDL

thanks,
craig

John Timney \(ASP.NET MVP\)

The answer is really just security - using the locations tag in web.config
probably and denying access to locations to any but a subset of users. For
static conent you would have to pipe through the asp.net dll to make it
activate against html pages.

--
Regards

John Timney (Microsoft ASP.NET MVP)