RESULTSET PROBLEM

Savas Ates

I have a stored procedure below.. When I run it with a well parameter in
query analyser 3 of select statements return me. (i named select statements
1,2,3)
But in asp page when i call this procedure same as query analyser it returns
me 2 select statements value? what is the problem ?

CREATE PROCEDURE ST_25INDIRIM
@sesid BIGINT
AS

IF EXISTS (SELECT 1 FROM sepet WHERE (adet=2 AND sesid=@sesid ) )
BEGIN
-1- SELECT * FROM sepet WHERE (adet=2 AND sesid=@sesid)
END
ELSE
/*URUN SAYISI IKI TANE OLAN YOK VE ADETI BIR TANE OLAN EN AZ 2 URUN OLUP
OLMADIGI KONTROLU*/
BEGIN

-2- SELECT * FROM sepet WHERE (adet =1 AND sesid=@sesid) ORDER BY id ASC

IF (@@rowcount>=2 )
BEGIN

-3- SELECT TOP 1 * FROM sepet WHERE id IN (SELECT TOP 2 id FROM sepet
WHERE (adet =1 AND sesid=@sesid) ORDER BY id ASC ) ORDER BY id DESC

END

END
GO

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Savas said:
I have a stored procedure below.. When I run it with a well parameter
in query analyser 3 of select statements return me. (i named select
statements 1,2,3)
But in asp page when i call this procedure same as query analyser it
returns me 2 select statements value? what is the problem ?

I don't understand why you think you should be getting 3 resultsets.
Depending on the result of the first IF statement, you should be receiving
either resultset 1 OR resultset 2. If you get resultset 2, then, if the last
if statement is true, you will get resultset 3 as well. In other words, you
will get one of these possibilities:

resultset 1 only
resultset 2 only
resultset 2 and resultset 3 *

I think you need to provide a create table statement and insert statements
to provide sample data to help us to understand what your problem really is.

Bob Barrows

* In asp, you will need to use NextRecordset to get both resultsets - you
should make it a habit to start your stored procedures with "SET NOCOUNT ON"
to avoid getting extra resultsets containing informational messages
returned:
create someprocedure as
set nocount on
etc.

Gert-Jan Strik

Maybe you have different ANSI_NULL settings, and you are calling the SP
with @sesid IS NULL ?

Gert-Jan