Resurrecting the Ruby Wiki

Martin DeMello

Anyone else miss the Rubygarden wiki? For a language with a community
as large and active as Ruby's, it's a definite drawback not to have an
official wiki (if only to host a GUI comparison page :)). One idea I
had was that, since rubyforge.org already has a wiki engine built in,
it could be used to host a new 'official' ruby wiki - it would
strengthen its position as one of the central community sites. Another
possibility is to have it hosted by Wikia (I know I could just go
ahead and set one up myself, but I wanted to see what people felt
about it first). Comments?

martin

Tomas Pospisek's Mailing Lists

Anyone else miss the Rubygarden wiki? For a language with a community
as large and active as Ruby's, it's a definite drawback not to have an
official wiki (if only to host a GUI comparison page :)). One idea I
had was that, since rubyforge.org already has a wiki engine built in,
it could be used to host a new 'official' ruby wiki - it would
strengthen its position as one of the central community sites. Another
possibility is to have it hosted by Wikia (I know I could just go
ahead and set one up myself, but I wanted to see what people felt
about it first). Comments?

I don't think it matters much where it is hosted per se.

On rubyforge:
+ in the loving hands of Ruby enthusiasts
- rubyforge people probably allready have enough on their hands
- having to fit rubyforge into the framework of rubyforge

It'd be advantageous to be able to script and merge things. Merging
with the various Ruby documentation project f.ex. is a sweet idea.

+1
*t