    ahead and set one up myself, but I wanted to see what people felt
    about it first). Comments?

    martin
    Martin DeMello, Feb 8, 2008

  2. On Fri, 8 Feb 2008, Martin DeMello wrote:

    > Anyone else miss the Rubygarden wiki? For a language with a community
    > as large and active as Ruby's, it's a definite drawback not to have an
    > official wiki (if only to host a GUI comparison page :)). One idea I
    > had was that, since rubyforge.org already has a wiki engine built in,
    > it could be used to host a new 'official' ruby wiki - it would
    > strengthen its position as one of the central community sites. Another
    > possibility is to have it hosted by Wikia (I know I could just go
    > ahead and set one up myself, but I wanted to see what people felt
    > about it first). Comments?

    I don't think it matters much where it is hosted per se.

    On rubyforge:
    + in the loving hands of Ruby enthusiasts
    - rubyforge people probably allready have enough on their hands
    - having to fit rubyforge into the framework of rubyforge

    It'd be advantageous to be able to script and merge things. Merging
    with the various Ruby documentation project f.ex. is a sweet idea.

    +1
    *t

    Tomas Pospisek
    http://sourcepole.com - Linux & Open Source Solutions
    Tomas Pospisek's Mailing Lists, Feb 8, 2008