resx Resource File mystery entries

David Laub

Visual Studio .net 2003 automatically creates resx files with three entries
in them. I have noticed the following:

1) When I create a new class that is inherited from the standard
System.Web.UI.Page
that public properties (especially if the Properties return reference rather
than value types)
of this inherited class are SOMETIMES auto-magically
a) put into resx the resource file
a) references to these public properties are put in the
InitializeComponent method

I don't understand what is, in essence, doing a compile time "binding" of
these properties - And
I'd like to NOT do this compile time binding!

2) These auto-magically updated resx resource files then blow up with
run-time "no matching resources for culture
" run-time error

This is the real killer - I can comment out the lines in
InitializeComponent, but they keep coming back,
since this is auto-generated code

A code excerpt follows:

/// <summary>

/// </summary>

private void InitializeComponent()

{

System.Resources.ResourceManager resources = new
System.Resources.ResourceManager(typeof(ClientProfile));

this.htxtWNSTSelectedNodes.TextChanged += new
System.EventHandler(this.htxtWNSTSelectedNodes_TextChanged);

this.htxtWNSTClntID.TextChanged += new
System.EventHandler(this.htxtWNSTClntID_TextChanged);

this.tabCP.TabClick += new
Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebTab.TabClickEventHandler(this.tabCP_TabClick);

this.btnNextSVD.Click += new System.EventHandler(this.btnNextSVD_Click);

this.GlobalClientName = "XYZ Corp.";

// this.VIMSurplusVehicle =
((VIM.Components.Vehicle.SurplusVehicle)(resources.GetObject("$this.VIMSurpl
usVehicle")));

// this.VIMVehicleRequest =
((VIM.Components.Vehicle.NewVehicle)(resources.GetObject("$this.VIMVehicleRe
quest")));

Any help would be appreciated!

David Laub