.resx -> .resources

Paul

I have plugged the ExceptionManagement app block into our framework and have
a question about resource files. ExceptionManagerText.resx is one of
resource files in the project. When you look at .dll's manifest in the
disassembler the file is ExceptionManagerText.resources. When/How is the
file transformed from it's text form, .resx, to it's binary form,
..resources?

HTH: I was getting the error: "Could not find any resources appropriate for
the specified culture... Make sure ...ExceptionManagerText.resources was
correctly embedded or linked into assembly... The problem was not with the
resource files, but with format of the exceptionManagement node in
web.config... go figure.

Anders Norås

The resource file generator (resgen.exe) is used to create .resource files
from .resx and .txt files or the other way around.
The following command reads the name value pair is res.resx and creates the
binary res.resource:
resgen res.resx res.resource

Anders Norås
blog : http://dotnetjunkies.com/weblog/anoras/

Paul

My apologies I should have mentioned I was aware of how to do it "manually".
Maybe more accurately I should have asked: During the build process are all
..resx files turned into .resources files? Can I configure this in any way?