retain scroll postion after reload page.

sungung

Hi group,

I want to back orginal scroll postion after reload page. Is it
possible?
My situation is
call popup windows -> enter data on popup -> close popup -> refresh
parent page -> reload data.
As you know, scroll position will be 0,0 after reloading page. But I
want to go the postion where user click the link for popup windows.

Thanks,

Sungung

sven.eisenschmidt

Hi sungung,
you can reload the page maybe with an anchor(location.hash) like #/
page/xcoord/ycoord and
retreive it after reloading like:

[site] => [popup] =>[popup](close and let it refresh window.top but
with a additional location.hash) => [site](checks for a location.hash
like #/page/xcoord/ycoord and if is set goes to the coords)

Stevo

sungung said:
I want to back orginal scroll postion after reload page. Is it
possible?
My situation is
call popup windows -> enter data on popup -> close popup -> refresh
parent page -> reload data.
As you know, scroll position will be 0,0 after reloading page. But I
want to go the postion where user click the link for popup windows.

I would save it in a session cookie.

SAM

sungung a écrit :
Hi group,

I want to back orginal scroll postion after reload page. Is it
possible?
My situation is
call popup windows -> enter data on popup -> close popup -> refresh
parent page -> reload data.
As you know, scroll position will be 0,0 after reloading page. But I
want to go the postion where user click the link for popup windows.

file in main window :

(JS in head)
window.onload = function() {
myAnchor = self.location.search;
if( myAnchor.indexOf('?')>=0 &&
myAnchor != '?') self.location = myAnchor.replace('?','#');
}

(body somewhere)
<a id="P_12" onclick="return popup('page.php'+'?'+this.id);">blah</a>

file in popup window :

onclick=" var myAnchor = self.location.search;
opener.location = opener.location+myAnchor;
self.close();"> close </a>