Retreiving Oracle data from a custom user control in asp.net (Security errors)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by ElCapitan, Mar 14, 2006.

  1. ElCapitan

    ElCapitan Guest

    Greetings all (again)

    I get an error when trying to access data from oracle database.

    Application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the
    security policy. To grant this application the requiered permission,
    contact your system administrator, or use the Microsoft .NET Framework
    Configuration Tool.

    If you click continue .....

    then i get
    Request for the permission of type System.Data.Oledb.OleDBPermission,
    System.Data

    when I click continue i get nothing, the part of code that retreives
    data does not work, anyone have any suggestions?

    ps. i tried to configure the .net security settings but was
    unsuccessfull

    Thanks.

    Eliseo Gonzalez
    ElCapitan, Mar 14, 2006