Retreving a context menu's hWnd

pviewer

I'm creating a shell extension application that will add items into the
context menu for zip file (like winzip does - you right-click on a zip
file and you get a menu). This has already been figured out, and the menu
and sub-menus all work fine.

However, I'm now trying to manipulate the menu with things you can not do
with IContextMenu, such as animation on the menu. To do this I need to
know what the hWnd of the menu is, however I have found no means of
getting this.

How do you find the hWnd of a shell menu that you are currently drawing
and adding items to?

(I do know menus have an hWnd, just not how to get them when you create
the menu.)

Thank you very much.

Ian Collins

I'm creating a shell extension application that will add items into the
context menu for zip file (like winzip does - you right-click on a zip
file and you get a menu). This has already been figured out, and the menu
and sub-menus all work fine.

You'll have more luck on a windows programming group rather then here.