Retrieve a page content into a variable

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Carlos Gomez, Nov 16, 2003.

  1. Carlos Gomez

    Carlos Gomez Guest

    Question 1
    Is there a way to execute a page, retrieve some information out of it and
    then present it in my page?
    example:
    The user access MyPage.asp
    MyPage.asp <somehow, internally> calls "http://www.weather.com/Local?ZIP=123456"
    Store it's contents into a variable.
    Retrieves the current temperature from that page and presents it as part
    of MyPage.asp
    This being done in the Server, without the user knowing what happened.
    To the user the current temperature is part of the html code of MyPage.asp
    The Server.Execute and Server.Transfer does not do what I need. At least
    that I know of, maybe by adding some kind of parameter the .Execute won't
    display the contents of the page.

    Question 2
    I know that you can 'trigger' asp pages that uses the .QueryString method
    simply by calling them and adding the variables as part of the address
    example: "http://www.weather.com/Local?ZIP=123456"

    Is there any way of doing the same for an asp page that uses the .Form method
    of retrieval, from a POST?

    Thank you,
    Carlos Gomez, Nov 16, 2003

  2. http://www.aspfaq.com/2173