    Hi everybody,

    does anyone know how to retrieve the computer name using ASP?

    cheers...

    Matt, Jul 28, 2003

  2. "Matt" wrote:

    > I have just joined a company that has over 200 PCs... and have
    > implemented a helpdesk system. Because I don't know anybody at
    > all, it is much easier for me to identify by computer as the
    > bulk of our users also roam from PC to PC. It is only to be
    > used in the intranet, therefore it is a perfectly valid reason.

    If you truly want to identify the machine rather than the user, the IP
    Address may be sufficient (even if DHCP is in use in some circumstances**).
    Take a look at Request.ServerVariables("REMOTE_HOST"). All bets are off if
    you're using a proxy.

    **In my environment, for example, the IP Address is reserved unless the
    machine is off the network for over 20 days.

    --
    Dave Anderson

    Dave Anderson, Jul 29, 2003

  3. Matt