Retrieve computer name

Dave Anderson

Matt said:
I have just joined a company that has over 200 PCs... and have
implemented a helpdesk system. Because I don't know anybody at
all, it is much easier for me to identify by computer as the
bulk of our users also roam from PC to PC. It is only to be
used in the intranet, therefore it is a perfectly valid reason.

If you truly want to identify the machine rather than the user, the IP
Address may be sufficient (even if DHCP is in use in some circumstances**).
Take a look at Request.ServerVariables("REMOTE_HOST"). All bets are off if
you're using a proxy.

**In my environment, for example, the IP Address is reserved unless the
machine is off the network for over 20 days.

--
Dave Anderson