Retrieve E-Mail Programmatically

Paul

Could anyone point me to articles, examples or a brief explanation as to
which .Net objects I would use if I wanted to retrieve e-mail
programmatically from an e-mail server?

TIA.

Shimon Sim

1. What e-mail server do you have?
2. There is no build in support for retrieving e-mail in ASP.NET or .NET as
itself. There are quite few 3d party components.

Paul

1. I believe it is a POP e-mail server.

Could you receommend a good 3rd-party component?

Braulio Diez

The guy that made the system.net.mail FAQ, has this component

http://www.aspnetpop3.com/

I haven't tested it by my self, but it seems worth to give a try (check if
you can get a trial version).

Good luck
Braulio

--
/// ------------------------------
/// Braulio Diez

theintrepidfox

Could anyone point me to articles, examples or a brief explanation as to
which .Net objects I would use if I wanted to retrieve e-mail
programmatically from an e-mail server?

TIA.

If you use MS Exchange get the WebDAV .NET for Exchange component.
Excellent Functions, Support and Licensing at http://www.independentsoft.de
I wish I had discovered them much earlier as they have solved all my
headaches.

Hth,

Martin