retrieve ruby script file name

Yuguri Azuma

Hello Group,

Is there any way to retrieve the file name of the script that you are
executing?
For example if you have a ruby script named kitty.rb :

$./kitty.rb
script name is 'kitty.rb'

Thank you,

Hugh Evans

Yuguri said:
Hello Group,

Is there any way to retrieve the file name of the script that you are
executing?
For example if you have a ruby script named kitty.rb :

$./kitty.rb
script name is 'kitty.rb'

Thank you,

puts File.basename(__FILE__)

Robert Klemme

puts File.basename(__FILE__)

Note that there is $0 as well. __FILE__ will contain the name of the
file which contains the currently executed line of code while $0 will
contain the name of the script that the interpreter was started with.
When requiring and loading other files __FILE__ and $0 will point to
different names.

Kind regards

robert

ext-golla.anil-kumar

Hi,
I want to write a seperated module which contains all common functions in f=
ile say common.rb
And I want to use these functions in my ruby script.
How can I achive these, can anybody help me in this regard.

Thanks,
Anil kumar,=20