Retrieve the updated values from datagrid

Guest

I have an asp.net application in which i have a form containing a datagrid
when using the update command event i have:
tb = CType(e.Item.Cells(3).Controls(0), TextBox)
subject = tb.Text
this code is supposed to get the new data entered in the text box but i am
getting the old data why?

Guest

"MaryA" ने लिखा:
I have an asp.net application in which i have a form containing a datagrid
when using the update command event i have:
tb = CType(e.Item.Cells(3).Controls(0), TextBox)
subject = tb.Text
this code is supposed to get the new data entered in the text box but i am
getting the old data why?

In this case, use FindControl method Instead of tb =
CType(e.Item.Cells(3).Controls(0), TextBox)
like this
Dim txt as textbox = CType(e.item.FindControl("Id of textbox"),textbox)

I hope this will work in all cases. if you are loop through the datagrid
then its best way to do for each row.

Guest

Hi Mary,

Most likely reason is that you re-bind the datagrid’s data source, hence
data inputted is overwritten by data from database (old value).

HTH

Elton Wang
(e-mail address removed)

Guest

Sachin thanks for your reply but i cant use this:CType(e.item.FindControl("Id
of textbox"),textbox) coz in datagrid textboxes are created automaticly when
clicking the edit mode so they dont have an index