retrieve traceback in embedded python of Python3.0?

Discussion in 'Python' started by BigHand, Mar 7, 2009.

  1. BigHand

    BigHand Guest

    Guys:
    I have a embedded python in MFC app. to execute a py script of a.py,
    the is only one line in a.py, it "a()" , normally ,excute this script
    file ,you will get a
    "the exception type is<class 'NameError'> "
    "The exception value is name 'a' is not defined "

    Python3.0 with VS2005.
    here is the brief code:
    Py_Initialize();
    PyObject *m, *d, *v;
    m = PyImport_AddModule("__main__");
    d = PyModule_GetDict(m);
    v = PyRun_File(fp, pStr, Py_file_input, d, d); //~~~the py
    script is a.py
    PyObject *exc_type = NULL, *exc_value = NULL, *exc_tb = NULL;
    PyErr_Fetch(&exc_type, &exc_value, &exc_tb); //~~~after fetch , the
    exc_type, exc_value, exc_tb are not "NULL"
    PyObject * modTB = PyImport_ImportModule("traceback");
    PyObject* pyUStr = PyUnicode_FromString("format_exception");
    PyObject* listTB = PyObject_CallMethodObjArgs(modTB, pyUStr,
    exc_type, exc_value, exc_tb, NULL);

    in the PyObject_CallMethodObjArgs(modTB, pyUStr, exc_type, exc_value,
    exc_tb, NULL), I get modTB, pyUStr, exc_type, exc_value, exc_tb are
    not NULL, but the listTB is always NULL, I can retrieve the list...

    any body could enlight me?
    BigHand, Mar 7, 2009