    i need to be able to retrieve the unique id on the phone(sim card?) or
    the phone # accessing my web page.

    thx for any help.
    Purdy, Jul 27, 2004

  2. Purdy

    _thedebugger Guest

    It must not possible, We must not support this feature(?).

    Sachin

    _thedebugger, Jul 30, 2004

  3. Hi there,

    It isn't possible to retrieve this information using ASP.NET to protect your
    privacy. If a webpage could capture your phone number, spammers could
    compile and bombard you with phone calls.

    If you are targeting PocketPC Phone edition or Smartphones for people you
    know
    (in your company, for example), it is possible to change the Windows CE
    registry
    on the device to pass custom parameters in the headers which can be captured
    on
    an ASP.NET website. Each device would have to be manually configured to make
    this work.

    The SIM ID/Phone Number is only accessible to the Phone's OS.

    I hope this information is useful.

    Thanks,
    Jean-Luc David
    Microsoft .NET MVP