    way of retrieving a user name on the server? If not, how else can I
    personalize the user?

    Thanks
    User Groups, Aug 17, 2008

  2. "User Groups" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On our intranet when a user first navigaes to my web application he is
    > prompted by the Browser to provide his user name and a password. Is there

    > way of retrieving a user name on the server? If not, how else can I
    > personalize the user?

    Try Request.ServerVariables("LOGON_USER") or
    Request.ServerVariables("AUTH_USER")

    --
    Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET
    Anthony Jones, Aug 17, 2008

  3. User Groups

    User Groups Guest

    I am trying Request.ServerVariables("LOGON_USER")
    and despite that I have an Anonymous Access removed
    it is still an empty string.

    User Groups, Aug 17, 2008
  4. User Groups

    User Groups Guest