    Regards,

    // SE

    , Nov 22, 2006

  2. If you are in ASP.NET 2.0 and are using a control capable of posting back to
    another page (Button, ImageButton, LinkButton), you can postback to another
    page and access the previous page via the PreviousPage property. Read the
    Cross-Page Posting section in MSDN for more info.

    --
    Eliyahu Goldin,
    Software Developer & Consultant

    Eliyahu Goldin, Nov 22, 2006

  3. "" wrote:
    > I have a page containing a dropdownlist. After clicking a hyperlink
    > another page is opened.
    >
    > How can I retrieve the selected text in the dropdownlist from the new
    > page without using a session or querystring?

    You might be able to do using javascript, and pass the value back to the
    code behind somehow.

    Javascript would be something like:
    parent.formname.controlname.value

    =?Utf-8?B?TGVvbiBNYXluZQ==?=, Nov 22, 2006
  4. Mark Rae Guest

    <> wrote in message

    >I have a page containing a dropdownlist. After clicking a hyperlink
    > another page is opened.
    >
    > How can I retrieve the selected text in the dropdownlist from the new
    > page without using a session or querystring?

    Other than following Eliyahu's advice, you can't really... Once a page is
    gone, it's gone - that's precisely why Session exists. What's the problem to
    use Session, AAMOI...?

    Mark Rae, Nov 22, 2006