    Thank you .
    Regards
    Subhadip

    subhadip, Mar 27, 2007

  2. subhadip

    Evertjan. Guest

    subhadip wrote on 27 mrt 2007 in comp.lang.javascript:

    > Hi ,
    > I want to retrieve any web page content using javascript . suppose
    > I logged into my gmail account and opened my e-mail. now i want that a
    > javascript will execute on the page and read all text content from
    > that page (e.g. all email subjects ) and save it in a text file . I
    > may embed the script in my browser. Is this possible ? Can you
    > suggest any code for this ?
    > Thank you .

    You cannot embed javascript in the webpage of another on your browser.

    You could use a servlet/bookmarklet to [IE] rerieve the innerText,
    but writing with that to a file on the local pc is not easy.

    Why not just do a ctrl-a ctrl-c of the page, and dump that in notepad?

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Mar 27, 2007

  3. subhadip

    subhadip Guest

    On Mar 27, 3:22 pm, "Evertjan." <> wrote:
    > subhadip wrote on 27 mrt 2007 in comp.lang.javascript:
    >
    > > Hi ,
    > > I want to retrieve any web page content using javascript . suppose
    > > I logged into my gmail account and opened my e-mail. now i want that a
    > > javascript will execute on the page and read all text content from
    > > that page (e.g. all email subjects ) and save it in a text file . I
    > > may embed the script in my browser. Is this possible ? Can you
    > > suggest any code for this ?
    > > Thank you .

    > You cannot embed javascript in the webpage of another on your browser.
    >
    > You could use a servlet/bookmarklet to [IE] rerieve the innerText,
    > but writing with that to a file on the local pc is not easy.
    >
    > Why not just do a ctrl-a ctrl-c of the page, and dump that in notepad?
    >
    > --
    > Evertjan.
    > The Netherlands.

    I will do that work repeatedly , say after 5 minutes interval .
    extract the content , save that in a
    text pad.

    subhadip, Mar 27, 2007
  4. subhadip

    wisestpotato Guest

    On 27 Mar, 11:10, "subhadip" <> wrote:
    > suppose
    > I logged into my gmail account and opened my e-mail. now i want that a
    > javascript will execute on the page and read all text content from
    > that page (e.g. all email subjects ) and save it in a text file . I
    > may embed the script in my browser. Is this possible ?

    If you are using Opera as your web browser then this may be possible.
    See here for more information:

    http://www.opera.com/support/tutorials/userjs/

    regards,

    wp.

    wisestpotato, Mar 27, 2007
  5. subhadip

    Evertjan. Guest

    subhadip wrote on 27 mrt 2007 in comp.lang.javascript:

    > On Mar 27, 3:22 pm, "Evertjan." <> wrote:
    >> subhadip wrote on 27 mrt 2007 in comp.lang.javascript:
    >>
    >> > Hi ,
    >> > I want to retrieve any web page content using javascript .
    >> > suppose
    >> > I logged into my gmail account and opened my e-mail. now i want
    >> > that a javascript will execute on the page and read all text
    >> > content from that page (e.g. all email subjects ) and save it in a
    >> > text file . I may embed the script in my browser. Is this
    >> > possible ? Can you suggest any code for this ?
    >> > Thank you .

    >> You cannot embed javascript in the webpage of another on your
    >> browser.
    >>
    >> You could use a servlet/bookmarklet to [IE] rerieve the innerText,
    >> but writing with that to a file on the local pc is not easy.
    >>
    >> Why not just do a ctrl-a ctrl-c of the page, and dump that in
    >> notepad?
    >>

    > I will do that work repeatedly, say after 5 minutes interval.
    > extract the content, save that in a text pad.

    Good for you. Keeps you occupied.
    However it is not really sensible.

    Javascript on a browser is, I told you so,
    embedded by the page programmer.

    In the case of the Gmail Inbox, it seems more sensible
    to make a gmail pop3
    and access it, say, from a serverside coded webpage.

    <http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/092201-1.shtml>

    Under serverside ASP [can be done in jscript]
    I nowadays would use CDO or Jmail.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Mar 27, 2007
  6. subhadip

    subhadip Guest

    On Mar 27, 4:18 pm, "Evertjan." <> wrote:
    > subhadip wrote on 27 mrt 2007 in comp.lang.javascript:

    > >> You cannot embed javascript in the webpage of another on your
    > >> browser.

    > >> You could use a servlet/bookmarklet to [IE] rerieve the innerText,
    > >> but writing with that to a file on the local pc is not easy.

    > >> Why not just do a ctrl-a ctrl-c of the page, and dump that in
    > >> notepad?

    > > I will do that work repeatedly, say after 5 minutes interval.
    > > extract the content, save that in a text pad.

    > Good for you. Keeps you occupied.
    > However it is not really sensible.
    >
    > Javascript on a browser is, I told you so,
    > embedded by the page programmer.
    >
    > In the case of the Gmail Inbox, it seems more sensible
    > to make a gmail pop3
    > and access it, say, from a serverside coded webpage.
    >
    > <http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/092201-1.shtml>
    >
    > Under serverside ASP [can be done in jscript]
    > I nowadays would use CDO or Jmail.
    >
    > --
    > Evertjan.
    > The Netherlands.

    not really . there is a browser , named OPERA , who will give the
    options to embed javascript in browser corresponding to that page .
    see http://www.opera.com/support/tutorials/userjs/ .
    gmail is just a example . i want to do this for the webmails that
    don't allow pop .

    subhadip, Mar 27, 2007
  7. subhadip

    Evertjan. Guest

    subhadip wrote on 27 mrt 2007 in comp.lang.javascript:

    > On Mar 27, 4:18 pm, "Evertjan." <> wrote:
    >> subhadip wrote on 27 mrt 2007 in comp.lang.javascript:

    >> > I will do that work repeatedly, say after 5 minutes interval.
    >> > extract the content, save that in a text pad.

    >> Good for you. Keeps you occupied.
    >> However it is not really sensible.
    >>
    >> Javascript on a browser is, I told you so,
    >> embedded by the page programmer.
    >>
    >> In the case of the Gmail Inbox, it seems more sensible
    >> to make a gmail pop3
    >> and access it, say, from a serverside coded webpage.
    >>
    >> <http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/092201-1.shtml>
    >>
    >> Under serverside ASP [can be done in jscript]
    >> I nowadays would use CDO or Jmail.
    >>
    >> --

    [please do not quote signatures on usenet]

    > not really . there is a browser , named OPERA , who will give the
    > options to embed javascript in browser corresponding to that page .
    > see http://www.opera.com/support/tutorials/userjs/ .
    > gmail is just a example . i want to do this for the webmails that
    > don't allow pop .

    Not really what?

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Mar 27, 2007
  8. scripts.contact, Mar 27, 2007
  9. I believe if you insist to use Javascript to solve your problem you
    going to need special browser such as Opera or creating your own
    extension on Firefox.

    A solution using Desktop application (be it in Perl/.NET/Phyton)
    should be simpler to construct.

    Regards,
    Hardono Arifanto
    -----------------------
    http://sodeve.net

    Hardono Arifanto, Mar 27, 2007
  10. subhadip

    Evertjan. Guest

    Hardono Arifanto wrote on 27 mrt 2007 in comp.lang.javascript:

    > I believe if you insist to use Javascript to solve your problem you

    What are you responding on?
    Who is "you"?

    [please always quote on usenet, this is not email]

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Mar 28, 2007
  11. On Mar 28, 4:35 pm, "Evertjan." <> wrote:
    > Hardono Arifanto wrote on 27 mrt 2007 in comp.lang.javascript:
    >
    > > I believe if you insist to use Javascript to solve your problem you

    > What are you responding on?
    > Who is "you"?
    >
    > [please always quote on usenet, this is not email]
    >
    > --
    > Evertjan.
    > The Netherlands.

    My apology Evertjan :),
    I'm reading the group using Google Groups, I was referring to :

    Hardono Arifanto, Mar 28, 2007
  12. subhadip

    Evertjan. Guest

    Hardono Arifanto wrote on 28 mrt 2007 in comp.lang.javascript:

    > On Mar 28, 4:35 pm, "Evertjan." <> wrote:
    >> Hardono Arifanto wrote on 27 mrt 2007 in comp.lang.javascript:
    >>
    >> > I believe if you insist to use Javascript to solve your problem you

    >> What are you responding on?
    >> Who is "you"?
    >>
    >> [please always quote on usenet, this is not email]
    >>

    > My apology Evertjan :),
    > I'm reading the group using Google Groups, I was referring to :
    >
    >> suppose
    >> I logged into my gmail account and opened my e-mail. now i want that a
    >> javascript will execute on the page and read all text content from
    >> that page (e.g. all email subjects ) and save it in a text file . I
    >> may embed the script in my browser. Is this possible ?

    Ah yes, I remember.
    Using clientside browser javascript ecvery 5 minutes in a page of another
    seems not the way to go about.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.