Retrieve Widnow Handle with Java

v_gilmor

Hi All,

I want to retrieve the browser's window handle using a java application
running on W2k. I've read that i might have to use JNI but I'm not sure
where to start. Any Advice would be appreciated.

v_gilmor

I'm refering to a Application Window on a Microsoft OS. Every window
has a handle that makes that particular window unique. I want to know
how to make a call using java to the Win32 API to get a list of Window
Handles for a given Window.

Victor

Andrew Thompson

I'm refering to a Application Window on a Microsoft OS. Every window
has a handle that makes that particular window unique. I want to know
how to make a call using java to the Win32 API to get a list of Window
Handles for a given Window.

Thanks for clarifying. Hopefully a JNI guru will
wander by soon, to give specific tips to advance
your project.

Have you had a look over the Java tutorial?
<http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/native1.1/>

Roedy Green

I want to retrieve the browser's window handle using a java application
running on W2k. I've read that i might have to use JNI but I'm not sure
where to start. Any Advice would be appreciated.

I am not quite sure what you mean by Window Handle. You can peek out
of the Applet and look at the surrounding web page from your Applet.
See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/browser.html for how.

If you really are trying to get inside the guts of the browser for
some reason, you might read up the specs on how you write plug-ins for
the various browsers.