    or otherwise disclose this password as that would allow folks to access
    the camera directly. Is there a way a web page could retrieve this
    image using the username and password discretely?

    cj2, Mar 9, 2009

  2. cj2

    miher Guest

    Hi,
    I think You can try to use WebClient
    (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms144188(VS.80).aspx) to get the
    picture from the site and then show it on Your form.

    Hope You find this useful.
    -Zsolt

    miher, Mar 9, 2009

  3. Hi,

    I think Zsolt's answer is right. You can try the following code to set
    credential for WebClient:

    WebClient wc=new WebClient();
    wc.Credentials = new NetworkCredential("username", "password");
    //other code

    Please let me know if it can work for you and feel free to ask if you have
    additional questions.

    Regards,
    Allen Chen
    Microsoft Online Support

    .

    Allen Chen [MSFT], Mar 10, 2009
  4. On Mar 9, 4:29 pm, cj2 <> wrote:
    > I have a ip webcam that runs it's own web site.  I want to put it's
    > pictures into my website with other images for people to view.  The
    > webcam will not ftp these images anywhere.  The only way to see them is
    > login to the camera which requires a username and password.  I know
    > where the latest picture lives on the camera
    > (http://www.camera.com/image/Cam.jpg).  I built a page with an image on
    > it giving that address as the source but when you load the page it of
    > course asks for the username and password.  I do not want to tell folks
    > or otherwise disclose this password as that would allow folks to access
    > the camera directly.  Is there a way a web page could retrieve this
    > image using the username and password discretely?

    Try if HTTP GET can retrieve it using http(s)://
    username:password@server/resource.ext. It will not work in IE (and
    Firefox too, I believe), so you need to try it from the code.

    Alexey Smirnov, Mar 10, 2009
  5. Hi,

    Have you solved this issue?

    Regards,
    Allen Chen
    Microsoft Online Support

    Allen Chen [MSFT], Mar 13, 2009
  6. cj2

    cj2 Guest

    I haven't had a chance to try it yet. It's a hobby project and hence
    not a high priority. I think I have a good starting point now and I'll
    write back if I need anything else. Thanks.

    cj2, Mar 13, 2009
  7. Hi,

    Have you tried that? If you have additional questions please feel free to
    ask.

    Regards,
    Allen Chen
    Microsoft Online Support